Scott Kelsey

Friday, May 1, 2009

Kidney Stone Pain - How Can I tell If I have a Kidney Stone


How to tell if I have a Kidney Stone...

It all starts with an unbearable lower back pain
, but only on one side.

The pain is a little bit higher than your hip and it feels like someone stabbed you with a rusty Buck knife and keeps twisting it inside your body. This pain will come and go in surges, it sends painful shock waves threw your lower torso for an hour for an hour or two before it goes away, I once had an episode last the whole night, so don't be alarmed if it doesn't go away for awhile. Once it is gone you feel so relieved but more than likely it WILL return, sometimes it's gone for a month or two before it shows it's evil face again; but most of the time it will return within the hour.

The pain is like no other, for some unknown reason the pain is never the same. Sometime it hurts so bad it drops me to my knees, where I will stay until I am able to get to my bottle of pain killers. A lady at my work had one about two years ago and she layed curled up under her desk for an hour. Other times I have to walk, this is when I like to revert back to my childhood when I would get hurt and my father would tell me to "get up and walk it off". So I pace back and forth until the pain is exhausted the whole time I keep saying to myself "walk it off, just walk it off" then the pain eases and you can relax for a minute or two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment