Scott Kelsey

Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Secerets to Passing a Kidney Stone

Everyone has their own way of doing things;
I have my own way of Passing Kidney Stones.


Now I'm not saying this will work for you but, it works for me.

Once the unbearable pain begins to pierce it's way through my kidneys I know I have one of two choices to make, either run to the fridge and start pounding back some beers (which in fact has been recommended to me by my Urologist and is a wonderful idea) or Drive to the store and buy some Arizona Green Tea. Not the 99 cent tall boy I'm talking about 1 gallon jug; most of the time I buy two.

For some strange reason if I drink this green tea at room temperature then I seem to pass my stone within a day or two, depending on the size of the stone. I sit down a my desk or on the couch with a glass and the bottle of Arizona Green Tea and start drinking. This is all I will drink for the rest of the day and into the next day. I try to finish the first gallon within a couple of hours, YES that is a lot of fluids but once you start peeing you will understand why. Once you break the seal... It's on! You will be going to the bathroom every 15-20 minutes, I always feel like I pee'd out 5 gallons... One gallon in 5 gallons out.

Basically what you are doing is flushing your system out completely, so if there is a stone that is small enough to pass chances are it will come out. And when that happens you will feel it!


Good Luck and happy passing!
Scott

0 comments:

Post a Comment