Scott Kelsey

Friday, May 1, 2009

Kidney Stone with NO Back Pain

Sometimes my Kidneys NEVER hurt when I have a Kidney Stone...


I have passed a few stones where I didn't have any kidney pain at all... just pressure in my kahunas. I seam to pass this type of Kidney Stone fairly quickly... well within a day or two. It is a different kind of pain, you wake up in the middle of the night and you feel as if someone clamped a pair of vise grips to one of your Kahunas and you are unable to unclamp this torture devise(not the best feeling in the world).


The first time this happened to my I freaked out, thinking maybe I had cancer or something; my urine was stream of pure blood, one of my boys were swollen and tender to the touch, I knew it was the end of the road for me or at least for my... well you know.


I started to panic and decided to call my dad (the King of Kidney Stones) to see if it was a hernia or something along those lines. I know he has had them before as well and figured he would know what to do. He just laughed and said I think you got another kidney stone, apparently this was not an uncommon kidney stone symptom for the seasoned vet. By the end of our phone conversation the stress of having cancer was lifted and sure enough a few hours later here it comes the newest addition to my family of kidney stones.


"Into the jar you go!"

What a relief that was, mentally and physically.


Thanks for reading,
Scott
AKA - The Prince of Kidney Stones

0 comments:

Post a Comment